Saturday, February 02, 2008

A New Milestone

At 2 am this morning I was awoken by a knock and heard, "I need you." One of my charges had the stomach flu, so I got her settled over the toilet for what I imagined were dry heaves. But in fact, while one end tried but produced nothing, the other end quietly filled up all vacancies. Poor little thing. The worst part was that she was scared and didn't understand what was happening. It took an hour or so before I had her and the bathroom and the laundry cleaned up (some I just threw away). I learned how to clean all sorts of stuff out of all sorts of places. All in all it was not that bad, but something that I'm hoping will not be repeated soon. On the bright side, even if the stomach flu rages through the rest of the house, everyone else will be a little more prepared to deal with it on their own.