Monday, April 28, 2008

A Weight of Time

I've had a bunch of migraines lately, so apart from very slowly working through Pope Benedict's speeches from his visit to the U.S., I've done very little reading. This is a source of enormous grief to me, and leaves me with huge chunks of time with only three options available to me, and all of them have certain problems when done for hours on end each and every day. These are sleep, eat, and spend money.

Today I decided on the spend money option. I rented The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum. I watched the former this afternoon while crocheting (my femininity could hardly have been happier with the entire situation, especially since I'd just finished painting my toenails.) I just want to say that Jason Bourne (the film version, not the book version) is God's gift to me.

Someday I want to be able to run, climb, and elude bad guys like he does. I leave driving off the list, since I already drive like him. At least, I, like Bourne, leave a trail of screaming wreckage behind me, and though I remain cool and collected the whole time, my passengers do not.