Tuesday, January 24, 2006

News Flash

Guy Crouchback has just informed me that our older brother, John Flory, has a blog. The stop-the-presses character of this news is somewhat lessened by the fact that Mr. I-always-keep-my-family-updated-even-when-I-don't-update-my-blog Flory started the blog back in the paleolithic age but hasn't updated it since The Reign of Terror (aka Jimmy Carter's presidency). I've also discovered that John Flory's friend, Don Gately, has a blog on which he has just posted a brilliant analysis of Guy Crouchback's character. Don Gately is itty-bitty, so some of his criticisms of Mr. Crouchback stem from jealousy of the latter's impressive physique.

Anyhow, there are now links to both blogs under the "Blogs Not Meant for Children" heading. This is not because they post pictures from anatomy and "learn to draw" textbooks, but rather because both are liable to break out into a rousing chorus of "I love you, you love me..." at any time, followed by hugs, cocoa, and a discussion about how we each feel about our mothers. Therefore it is not appropriate for children, invalids, or persons of a nervous disposition.

Also, Mr. Flory is known for his colorful use of language--though not so colorful as that of the brother who doesn't have a blog. What I've seen of both blogs looks like appropriate reading for grandmothers, so I'll probably merge the two lists in a bit. The thing to delight in is this: what kind of children's blogs would Messers. Flory and Gately write?