Saturday, March 04, 2006

Touch the puppet head

Is it legitimate to make up a meme, or do they have to be spontaneously generated? Anyhow, here’s my answer to the one that both Clashing Symbol and Mrs. Bear tagged me with.

7 things to do before I die
Become holy
Pay off my student loans
Write a book
Get a Ph.D.
Be imprisoned in China
Ride the Trans-Siberian Railroad
Visit Pope John Paul II’s tomb

7 things I cannot do
Wolf-whistle
Fly (despite years of trying)
Be silent in the middle of an interesting conversation
Keep food from escaping onto my clothes
Be entirely still
Maintain a savings account balance of four digits
Keep from discovering personalities in things (including numbers) around me

7 things I like about my other half
He’s so vigilant
He’s so easy to please
He’s cute when he sulks
[This is boring. On to the next one.]

7 favorite books
Money in the Bank or The Mating Season both by P.G. Wodehouse
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
Everything that Rises Must Converge by Flannery O’Connor
Story of a Soul by St. Therese of Lisieux
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

7 favorite movies
The Royal Tenenbaums
Rumble in the Bronx
Pride and Prejudice (A&E version)
Conspiracy Theory
Napoleon Dynamite
The Disney Cinderella (this was when I was a little girl)
Horse Feathers (The Marx Brothers)

7 things I say
Right, right, right (Annie says I say this—I’d never noticed)
Well, I think…
No no no no no
Yup
...Sam...
That’s horrible! (Again, Annie)
Make references to obscure songs that only Mrs. Bear or Guy Crouchback would get (see title).
7 people to meme
No one’s left. I came out of my room from being sick, and found myself in a ghost town that all the cool people had left days and days ago.